From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: Bad SMTP prompt at the host
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 10:28:28 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
RBLs will not secure your server against this type of attack. With spamhaus you are OK.

The most effective way to protect yourself against such an attack is to protect your passwords, make them more secure. The attacker likely didn't steal the password, he likely found it by trial and error, meaning the password was too weak.

NH