From: Rob Logan <Rob@Logan.com>
Subject: Re: hyperthreading ?
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:08:56 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

>  HP DL380 G4 dual-processor hardware and we saw awful stability problems [with hyperthreading]

Intel's multithreading (hyperthreading) was quite buggy in Northwood chips. But works
great with all sparc versions and I've had good luck with Intel's second attempt
in their Nehalem designs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simultaneous_multithreading

so if you have a Northwood chip design, turn it off, anything else leave it on
and enjoy the wonders of CGP's very good threaded design.

(there are also multithread OS issues too, so keep your OS up to date)

Rob