From: Lyle Giese <lyle@lcrcomputer.net>
Subject: Re: Best DNS Configuration
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:42:06 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I had that problem with AOL, but after much discussion with their postmaster department, I have gotten registered in enough places there that it's not a problem any more.  I applaud AOL to have an intelligent postmaster department and you can access someone who knows more than how to pronounce postmaster.

I still have a problem with Yahoo, but by throttling the sends, I get them out on the second try for the most part.  Yahoo is impossible to work with.  They don't have any intelligent people online/available to talk when you are a real postmaster.  And it takes several days to get a simple hello out of them.

What you suggest would be my second choice as long as you are not short on IP addresses.

Lyle

Jack R. Anderson wrote:

Thanks Lyle –

A drawback I would see with using one IP address is if one of my customers is blacklisted it affects everyone.  This has happened to me on occasion which is why I gave everyone a separate IP address.  However, with that I could make all the reverse lookups point to maindomain.com.

Does that sound right?

--- Jack