From: Jeff Wark <jwark@tbaytel.net>
Subject: Re: Problems with Barracuda Reputation
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 10:51:19 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We just ran into the same problem twice in one day last week.  Our server's connection to another server to relay an email was rejected because of the [dynamic] IP address of the person who submitted the email to us, regardless of whether or not he authenticated to our server.

That does seem to be a little strange because of what you said....quite often a dynamic IP address is on some blacklist for something.