From: Paul Dudley <pdudley@anl.com.au>
Subject: Trailers and Pronto
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:24:09 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

We are using CGPro version 5.2.14. We have the Stalker add trailer plugin installed.

When sending e-mails with attachments using Pronto the recipient receives the attachment as a .txt file.

When I logged a service call with Communigate support, their response was:

Trailer plugin doesn't work correctly and isn't supported at the moment, please try solutions from Niversoft instead.”

Huh?

I looked again at http://www.communigate.com/AddTrailer/default.html#Test and nowhere does it mention that it is not supported. I find this response amazing.

No offence to Niversoft’s products as we have used their products for a number of years and we have no problem with them, however this makes Pronto useless in our environment unless there is a way of creating an exception in the add trailer plugin rule to check the header and if it has been sent from the Pronto client do not add the trailer.

Has anyone had any success in using Pronto to send attachments in conjunction with the add trailer plugin?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator