From: Andy Kunkle <akunkle@aimengr.com>
Subject: RE: Strange Errors
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:00:35 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Hey Glenn,

Is your server really busy? What OS are you running this on? If it’s a *nix flavor, you might want to run:

iostat 2

And see what your %iowait is. Sometimes if you’re getting slammed by SPAM it can crush your server. That command will also show you bulk reads per second and writes, so you can see what’s going on with your disk IO.

The only other thing I can think of is in the admin control panel going to:    Settings > Network > DNS Resolver

What is your “Concurrent Requests” set to? I had some problems with DNS for a mailing list because I had that number set too high. I would get DNS Failed messages and e-mails would get stuck in the queue forever. I have it set to 10 on mine, and that seems to be the magic number, at least for me.

Hope this helps.

Andy Kunkle

IT Manager

AIM Engineering & Surveying, Inc.