From: Christian B. Ellsworth <cellsworth@communigate.com>
Subject: Re: Blackberry Bold and CGP
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 07:31:54 -0800
To: <CGatePro>

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 15:47:00 +0000

Communigate Forum <communigate@communik8.net> wrote:

> interesting that the astrasnyc service is provided by

>Rockliffe of mail

> server fame who seem to have changed their offering

>dramatically...

> its appears to require an intermediary server between

>the client and the

> end server but so far is just a nicer thing to use than

>notify... we

> will see..

The topology is as simple as it sounds:

CGP server 5.2.12+ with AirSync licensed and enabled for the account.

TCP network(wifi,3G,Egde,GRPS)

Blackberry device with Astrasync client installed.

There is no in the middle Services, third parties or proxy servers, Astrasync talks thru native ActiveSync to CGP.

You can even test it using a Blackberry device emulator.

Best Regards

Christian B. Ellsworth Capo

CommuniGate Systems

cellsworth@communigate.com

~ Training Dates for 2009 ~ http://www.communigate.com/carrier/training.html

> rup

> Communigate Forum wrote:

>> as its the answer all my prayers for at least the last 3

>>years i am

>> testing it and so far so good..

>> HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!!

>> rup ;-)

>> Jim Steil wrote:

>>> I just realized my reply below was to the wrong post.

>>> Here I'm

>>> talking about AstraSync...

>>> To my knowledge, this just became available on the 2nd.

>>> I've

>>> downloaded it and have it working with my talktoip.com

>>>account and am

>>> very happy with how it is working. I have to upgrade my

>>>server to

>>> 5.2.12 before I can you it live, but will be doing so

>>>soon

>>> (tonight?). So far, everything I've seen has been very