From: Jim Steil <jim@qlf.com>
Subject: Re: Blackberry Bold and CGP
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 07:21:13 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I just realized my reply below was to the wrong post.  Here I'm talking about AstraSync...

To my knowledge, this just became available on the 2nd.  I've downloaded it and have it working with my talktoip.com account and am very happy with how it is working.  I have to upgrade my server to 5.2.12 before I can you it live, but will be doing so soon (tonight?).  So far, everything I've seen has been very positive.  Configuration was simple and straightforward.  I'm in the process of ordering a license and will work with it for a while before I roll it out to our 12 Blackberry Curve users.

Anyone else give it a try yet?

    -Jim

Communigate Forum wrote:
and this hasn't been mentioned on this list until today because???

i pull my hair out i swear....

rup

Jim Steil wrote:

No, I hadn't seen it until this afternoon.  But, I'm anxious to give
it a try...

   -Jim

Jim Steil wrote:

Shaun Gamble wrote:

I know, I know, I know. I shouldn't bother asking, however...

My old Atom Exec is dying and I need a new phone. I use Outlook 2007
with MAPI and access the email remotely through WiFi or via GPRS
using my mobile device. I trialled a BB Bold and was unable to
connect to an IMAP account.

Does anyone have BB's working with CGP/IMAP? This is only for one
phone, so I don't want to look at BES or the like.

I'd go with an iPhone, however I have an iTouch and as I've
mentioned on this list, unless the msg is text, it is unreadable
(winmail.dat problems).

My only other option is to wait until my telco releases the Samsung
Omnia here in Australia.

We have 10 or so BlackBerry 8330 Curve users.  We use BlackBerry
email to connect to the CGP server via IMAP with no problems
whatsoever. As for sync'ing calendar/contacts, I use Funambol
(through Outlook/MAPI).  Works well most of the time, but then seems
to get messed up and I have to re-sync from scratch again.
I agree, it would be great if CGP took BlackBerry sync seriously.
But, after I had conversations with our rep and a marketing/sales VP,
it became very clear to me that they weren't going to do anything
about it.  His excuse was that they couldn't possibly test
synchronizing with EVERY phone that came along.  I agree, but we're
talking about a BlackBerry here.  It's not like this is an off-brand
that is here today, gone tomorrow.

Sorry, had to vent a bit.

CGP would be a killer platform if they could get their over-the-air
sync working with BlackBerry and iPhone.

   -Jim

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<CGatePro-digest@mail.stalker.com>
Send administrative queries to  <CGatePro-request@mail.stalker.com>