From: Massimo Bolzoni <massimo.bolzoni@answervad.it>
Subject: Re: Problem with long delays with the MAPI plugin
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:30:55 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Ciao,

Il giorno 10/feb/09, alle ore 15:18, Hansjoerg Morandell ha scritto:

Hi all,

we use the MAPI Connector together with Outlook 2003. Before we used normal IMAP connections.
We experience great delays in loading the Outlook folders, and also long delays when navigating from one folder to another. To switch from one folder to another it often takes 4 to 6 seconds for the first time, and after it takes about 1 or 2 seconds, and often we get the "Server transaction in progress" mask. This causes also to "freeze" Outlook very often and to block it completely.

I have made also a sniffing with wireshark, the IMAP connection with the MAPI plugin seems pretty much ok, but the delay then comes in probably when Outlook is displaying the emails. I also noticed a lot of "Bad checksum" segments with Wireshark.

I use the following configuration on my MAPI plugin:
- Local cache instead of global cache
- always load the whole message not just the header

Have You also set to sync all folders and not only Inbox on send/receive ?
This should prevent OL to update a folder while You are opening it ... because already opened ad the opening of OL itself.... obiuvsly this mean that the firsty time You open OL You nee dto wait "a bit" more :-)

HTP

Is this normal that using the MAPI plugin it causes such delays or is something wrong just with my configuration?

Thanks
Hans

Hansjoerg Morandell

Massimo Bolzoni - Solution Architect
ANSWER SRL
Polyserve Inc. - Matrix Server - www.polyserve.com
CommuniGate System GMBH - CommuniGatePro - www.communigate.com
Sede Legale: Via Rosario Livatino 9 - 42100 - Reggio Emilia (RE)
Sede Operativa: Via M.K. Gandhi 22 - 42100 - Reggio Emilia (RE)
Tel: +39 0522 286545
Fax: +39 0522 286233
Cel: +39 335 5278936
Le informazioni contenute nella presente comunicazione e i relativi
allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, rivolte esclusi-
vamente al destinatario. La diffusione, distribuzione e/o copie del
documento trasmesso o degli allegati da parte di qualsiasi soggetto
diverso dal destinatario e'perseguibile ai sensi dell'articolo 616
Codice Penale e del Decreto Legislativo n. 196/2003.
Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, Vi preghiamo di re-
inviarlo al mittente e distruggerlo.
Per informazioni potete contattare l'indirizzo privacy@answervad.it
***
is prohibited and it is punished by law. Please return it immediately
to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions,
please contact us at privacy@answervad.it