From: Randall R. Saeks <rsaeks@district30.k12.il.us>
Subject: Re: Pronto and LDAP
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:11:26 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

On Jan 22, 2009, at 8:24 AM, Kirnauskis Postmaster wrote:

Continuing to followup on my own post, but still seeking for help. :)

I changed the authLDAPnew.pl configuration line to 'adminDN=>'uid=diradmin,cn=users,dc=ldap,dc=myserver,dc=com'' which seemed to cure the bind problem I described in my previous post. However, I'm still getting an error message claiming the password is wrong (which it isn't).

10:51:43.900 4 EXTAUTH out(121): 38 SASL(CRAM-MD5) (XIMSS) myaccount@server.com f76b65e73550c329b0e436a7a5ffb523 "<27.1232614303@pixmill.fi>" [83.145.215.158]\n
10:51:43.900 4 EXTAUTH inp(038): * trying to connect to ldap.myserver.com
10:51:43.913 4 EXTAUTH inp(078): * searching cn=users,dc=ldap,dc=myserver,dc=com for (&(uid=myaccount)(objectclass=*))
10:51:43.916 4 EXTAUTH inp(019): 38 PLAIN "********"
10:51:43.916 1 EXTAUTH myaccount@myserver.com(XIMSS) SASL/plain password is incorrect. Error Code=incorrect password

In your OpenDirectory configuration (ServerAdmin -> OpenDirectory -> Settings -> Policy -> Binding) are you requiring trusted binding?  Also, in the Authentication tab, are any of the password methods disabled?

----
Randall R. Saeks, ACSA
Network & Server Administrator
Northbrook / Glenview School District 30