From: Kirnauskis Postmaster <postmaster@kirnauskis.com>
Subject: Re: Pronto and LDAP
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:26:39 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I'm following up on my own post (see below) because I still haven't been able to resolve the problem.

My logs seem to indicate the problem is with binding as the admin to my LDAP (OS X Server 10.5). I found generic instructions on how the binding is supposed to work in https://support.communigate.com/tickets/kb_cat.php?s=828684a3a9a33d1d4a66b37c206f0054&id=25&t=qanda (I am also using the authLDAPnew.pl)

Does anyone know if OS X OD is setup to allow retrieval of the plain text password by default using the directory administrator account?

How should the configuration line " adminDN=>'uid=admin,cn=host'," of authLDAPnew.pl look like? Mine is like this:
adminDN=>'uid=diradmin,cn=ldap.mydomain.dom',

Begin forwarded message:

Has anyone applied these instructions to bind to an LDAP directory on OS X?

http://www.afp548.com/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=57

I've got everything else working except Pronto. I get an "incorrect password" from Pronto, if I try to authenticate from the LDAP directory. The instructions say: "In addition, if you wish to use the Pronto! Engine, you will need to disable the CRAM-MD5 Login Method. This will disable the SASL bind for Pronto!." But it seems to me disabling the CRAM-MD5 login method doesn't cure the problem.

Can anyone offer any insights?