From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: SyncCGP (was: Email/Calendar client recommendations?)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:55:00 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
SyncCGP... speaking of which, there hasn't been a single comment about it since a week, no bug report, nothing.

Either it works so well nobody has to say a word about it, or the is hype gone?

v0.13 seems stable, but I feel it evolved too quickly to be promoted as a stable product. I don't have the resources to put a lot of time testing it or improving the codebase, which is unfortunately pretty lousy (several slightly different cut-n-paste versions of the same code in the original extension).

I think I improved it a bit by cleaning the unneeded XML/Kolab-related code, but I won't be able to really improve the code stability beyond what we have today without support.

I know several admins here are running the extension, but is there someone who pushed the luck as far as installing it on end-user machines?

Regards,
Nicolas Hatier

Communigate Forum wrote:
hi gavin,

not sure if you have tried the much improved synccgp plugin for
thunderbird/lightning?

i think it should provide a real alternative and a workable solution for
mac users..

so far i've used on windows but will try on leopard this weekend..

nicolas has done an excellent job on this, making up for lack of
effort/enthusiasm elsewhere!! ;-)

cheers

rup