From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: Thunderbird SyncCGP Extension
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:18:02 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I doubt the missing Message-ID is the only culprit. There was probably some vCard syntax not well-supported by the parser. Do you still have one of those original contacts?

Nicolas

Brian Gibson wrote:
I just found something odd with some of my contacts (not an issue with SyncCGP). SyncCGP worked fine when I created a new contacts folder and created new contact entries in Webmail. When I tried to use my existing Webmail contacts folder  syncCGP would just pause. Come to find out some of my contacts in the My_Contacts folder did not have "Message-ID" headers and that was what was stopping it.

I know a long time ago we moved from IMP webmail over to CGPro's webmail and maybe the custom scripts used to transfer them didn't put in a message ID header? I don't think this is the case since that was such a long time ago and some of the contacts that were hanging the sync were after that..... who knows.

To get around this I just went into each of my contacts in webmail, selected to edit the contact, then I just saved it and that added a Message-ID header.

Hope this anyone else that runs into this issue.

Nicolas for president!

Nicolas Hatier wrote:

New version, with tasks and more unused code cleaned up.

http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/sync_cgp-0.3.xpi

Next step: complete code and names cleanup for final branching from SyncKolab. I don't think it would be useful to merge with the real SyncKolab extension, since about 50%-60% of the code was Kolab xml stuff which is completely useless for CGP. A full branching into a new extension will probably result in something cleaner and more efficient. I'm not sure the two extensions will be able to coexist (not in the current state, for sure), but anyway it'll be surprising to find someone needing support for both Kolab and CGP in the same client instance.

Feedback and support welcome. This thing will require testing to survive.

Regards,
Nicolas Hatier

Nicolas Hatier wrote:
New version with calendar events support (Install Lightning in CGP. Make sure the "real" SyncKolab isn't installed as it will likely interfere with SyncCGP until I'm done branching).

There may be problems with recurring events spanning over a DST change, as I didn't find yet how to convert the timezone information from CGP to Thunderbird and vice-versa. Currently the TZ info is stripped away.

Still barely tested. I'm not a heavy user of calendaring features.

Next step: Tasks. Hopefully Lightning tasks will be compatible with CGP's.

http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/sync_cgp-0.21.xpi

Note: Make sure you select "Check this folder for new messages" for each of your Calendar, Contacts and Tasks mailboxes before using SyncCGP. If you don't, you may see events disappearing for no apparent reason.

Feedback and support welcome.

Regards,
Nicolas Hatier

Nicolas Hatier wrote:

A new, basic and not well-tested port of the SyncKolab extension to CGP: http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/sync_cgp-0.1.xpi

Currently supports contacts synchronization. I removed all Kolab-only contact-related code. Didn't touch calendar or tasks yet.

Feel free to contact me directly for discussion, bugs, etc, but please don't expect support, installation instructions or documentation for now.

Regards,
Nicolas Hatier