From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: Thunderbird SyncCGP Extension
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:36:25 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Tested only on 5.2.8, but it should work with most versions of CGP.

NH

David Brookfield wrote:
Which version of CGP does this work with? Or can I try against any? We've got 5.0.13 running but also have a 5.2.8 on a different domain when I get round to building it...

David

,Mike Cardwell <communigatepro@lists.grepular.com>
Nicolas Hatier wrote:

New version, with tasks and more unused code cleaned up.

http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/sync_cgp-0.3.xpi

Next step: complete code and names cleanup for final branching from
SyncKolab. I don't think it would be useful to merge with the real
SyncKolab extension, since about 50%-60% of the code was Kolab xml stuff
which is completely useless for CGP. A full branching into a new
extension will probably result in something cleaner and more efficient.
I'm not sure the two extensions will be able to coexist (not in the
current state, for sure), but anyway it'll be surprising to find someone
needing support for both Kolab and CGP in the same client instance.

Feedback and support welcome. This thing will require testing to survive.

It seems you can only sync from folders that you're subscribed to. I
have to subscribe to my "Contacts", "Calendar" and "Tasks" folders in
order to sync to them, however I don't really need to see those folders
in the mail section of Thunderbird. Any chance that can be changed?

Also, when I did the initial configuration I went to click on "Done" and
nothing happened. I closed the config window, and it had all worked, but
the "Done" button was unresponsive, which was momentarily confusing.

Also, I have some Contacts whose email addresses don't appear in the
address book in Thunderbird. Their name does, but they have no email
address. Here's a slightly obfuscated example:

content-class: urn:content-classes:person