From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: Thunderbird SyncCGP Extension
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 03:20:41 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

New version, with tasks and more unused code cleaned up.

http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/sync_cgp-0.3.xpi

Next step: complete code and names cleanup for final branching from SyncKolab. I don't think it would be useful to merge with the real SyncKolab extension, since about 50%-60% of the code was Kolab xml stuff which is completely useless for CGP. A full branching into a new extension will probably result in something cleaner and more efficient. I'm not sure the two extensions will be able to coexist (not in the current state, for sure), but anyway it'll be surprising to find someone needing support for both Kolab and CGP in the same client instance.

Feedback and support welcome. This thing will require testing to survive.

Regards,
Nicolas Hatier

Nicolas Hatier wrote:
New version with calendar events support (Install Lightning in CGP. Make sure the "real" SyncKolab isn't installed as it will likely interfere with SyncCGP until I'm done branching).

There may be problems with recurring events spanning over a DST change, as I didn't find yet how to convert the timezone information from CGP to Thunderbird and vice-versa. Currently the TZ info is stripped away.

Still barely tested. I'm not a heavy user of calendaring features.

Next step: Tasks. Hopefully Lightning tasks will be compatible with CGP's.

http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/sync_cgp-0.21.xpi

Note: Make sure you select "Check this folder for new messages" for each of your Calendar, Contacts and Tasks mailboxes before using SyncCGP. If you don't, you may see events disappearing for no apparent reason.

Feedback and support welcome.

Regards,
Nicolas Hatier

Nicolas Hatier wrote:

A new, basic and not well-tested port of the SyncKolab extension to CGP: http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/sync_cgp-0.1.xpi

Currently supports contacts synchronization. I removed all Kolab-only contact-related code. Didn't touch calendar or tasks yet.

Feel free to contact me directly for discussion, bugs, etc, but please don't expect support, installation instructions or documentation for now.

Regards,
Nicolas Hatier