From: Jakob Peterhänsel <jakob@hjemme.dk>
Subject: Re: Use of From field
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:18:27 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

You can do this in Apple's Mail.app as well.

Simply add more emails in the account:

Email address: me@company.tld, you@company.tld, me@private.tld

Best,

    Jakob Peterhänsel

"Be a part of the Love Generation - carry a smile, not a gun."
- JP, May 2006

Email:     jakob@hjemme.dk
AIM:         Marook
Phone:     +45 30787715

On 17/09/2008, at 20:36, Matthew Black wrote:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 14:39:32 +1000
"Paul Dudley" <pdudley@anl.com.au> wrote:
We are using CGPro 5.1.10 with Outlook 2003 clients.
In Outlook you can add the From field when addressing the e-mail and
then (at our site) select who you want the From field to be from your
address books.
It doesn't matter if the address you include in the From field is an
internal or external address. Is this right or is there a setting we can
change in CGPro to stop this?
Regards
Paul Paul DUDLEY
Senior IT Systems Administrator
IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line Pty Limited
E-mail: pdudley@anl.com.au

Sorry for my late reply as I was away on vacation and
am catching up on this list.

As my campus e-mail postmaster I often must masquerade
as campus administrators to send out broadcast messages.
We found that WebMail and Outlook were horrible for
masquerading because the each inserted a Sender: header
showing that I was the one who created the message.

If you truly want to hide who sent the message, by all
means use Thunderbird and the Manage Identities feature.
When composing a message, simply use the From: drop-down
box to select one of your configured masquerading
identities and nobody will be the wiser as to whom was
responsible for composing the message (unless you trace
the Received headers and IP addresses). This is usually
a good thing.

Cheers,

matthew black
e-mail postmaster