From: James Roman <james_roman@ssaihq.com>
Subject: RE: How to tell how many accounts you have licensed?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:56:48 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
My guess would be that stalker's view is if they allowed the admin web
interface to read the license key info directly, it might make it easier
to reverse engineer the license key. I doubt that any number of
customers wanting this functionality would convince them to give up the
shop. Their business model is THEIR business model, and this is how
they've structured their ability to make a living.

That being said, since the Communigate process already reads the
information in the key, dumping the number of licensed users and date
issued into the logs at start-up probably would not pose as great a risk
to their business model. Alternatively, maybe they could add an option
to the Communigate process that outputs the license information.

I probably won't be requesting these options, since I have copies of all
our licensing information.

--
James D. Roman
IT Network Administration