From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: Moving from one server OS to another
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 20:11:19 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Note using FTP will force you to transfer every single file individually - a LOT of FTP commands will have to be issued, increasing a lot the transfer time especially if you use the mdir format. Transferring a tar(.gz) file is much more efficient.

The following perl script, providing it is ran on the Windows platform, will convert all mail files in-place from unix EOL to windows EOLs.
Save the script as unix2dos.pl, run unix2dos.pl <directory> and all files will be converted recursively.

$| = 1;
$directory = shift @ARGV;
$directory = '.' unless $directory;
conv($directory);
sub conv
{
   my $dir = shift;
   opendir DIRHANDLE, $dir;
   foreach my $file (readdir DIRHANDLE)
   {
      next if ($file =~ /^\./);
      next if ($file =~ /\.settings$/); #skipping settings, info, dst, CGP can handle them.
      next if ($file =~ /\.info$/);     #only mail files must be converted, others are optional.
      next if ($file =~ /\.dst$/);
      $file = "$dir/$file";
      if (-d $file)
      {
         conv($file);
      }
      else
      {
         print "Convert: $file";
         open(INPUT, "<$file");
         my @lines = <INPUT>;
         close INPUT;
         open(OUTPUT, ">$file");
         print OUTPUT $_ foreach(@lines);
         close OUTPUT;
      }
   }
   closedir DIRHANDLE;
}

Regards,
Nicolas Hatier

David Brookfield wrote:
Ahh coolio, then looks like I'll try FTP then :-)

Wayne Gamble wrote:
I've moved my CGatePro server from RH Linux to SuSE, and then from SuSE Linux to OS X by just copying the files.  However, Windows doesn't handle files like everyone else.   Windows uses a line feed and carriage return, but Unix/OS X, etc. just uses a line feed.

The only way I've ever moved files (not cgate) from Unix -> Windows or Windows -> Unix is by using FTP, but I understand there are utilities available that will also do the conversion for you.

 - Wayne