From: Brian Gibson <gibson_brian@wheatoncollege.edu>
Subject: Re: iPhone / Treo sync issues w/ Outlook & MAPI
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:00:52 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We are new to the iPhone and have CGPro 5.2.6 installed, we haven't used the CGPro calendar but with Pronto it looks promising (we currently use Meeting Maker with NotifyLink to connect the iPhone to Meeting Maker.... nice but expensive). We are not worried about mail access, secure IMAP seems to work fine. Is there an easy way to sync the iPhone and the CGPro calendar and have it sync both ways? I saw below that Jakob mentioned setting it up as an Exchange account. Does anyone have experience with this they can talk about?

Thanks

Jakob Peterhänsel wrote:

And where is the CommuniGate question??

Regarding the iPhone, why don't you switch to Push/OTA sync?

You simply add your account as an Exchange, and off you go...

On the Off Topic area of iTunes sync, I would clear the Sync database, and start from scratch.

- Backup your calendars & contacts
- Quit iCal, Mail, Address Book, iTunes...
- Delete ~/Library/Application Support/SyncServices/Local/

- Reopen iCal
- Reopen AB
- Reopen iTunes
- Sync

PS: That is also the way to get 'ghost' calendars removed from the system.. :-)

    Jakob Peterhänsel

"Be a part of the Love Generation - carry a smile, not a gun."
- JP, May 2006

Email:     jakob@hjemme.dk
AIM:         Marook
Phone:     +45 30787715