From: Ben Hanes <bhanes@chori.org>
Subject: Re: Add subscribed calendar in CGP
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 10:32:36 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
First of, make sure you are using iCal v3 that comes with Leopard.  This is the only version that supports CalDAV.
Next, go to the iCal Preferences and select Accounts
Then enter the following:

Username: the account name  (psmith)
Password: users password (password)
Account URL : https://mail.server.com/CalDAV/ (the last "/" after CalDAV is vital)  ( https://mail.damnetwork.net/CalDAV/ )

Now any Calendars that were setup for your account including any aliases that you may have setup in the Web interface (not Pronto as Shared)  will appear.

** Some gotchas include, but are not limited to: Spaces in the name do not work (Please file a bug with Apple), recurring events are problematic when removing individual items, you will get errors when changing colors in iCal (ignore these errors), and beware of recurring events that come from invitations (more testing needs to be done for this).  The main point is that it works great for your users that are OK with some quirks, but it's not quite ready to deploy to all users.  iCal still has some growing up to do.

If anyone would like to contact me offline to get some further clarification, please feel free.

Ben Hanes
Email Administrator
Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute
510-450-7623