From: ish Support <support@ish.com.au>
Subject: Re: E-mail Archiving Solutions
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 16:39:05 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Wayne

I would really like something more polished, as this is ok for someone whom is technically minded it is not that useful for those whom are not. I would really like an indexed database of all the mails, etc.

At the moment for my office, I already save all emails on a HDD in text. I use a rule and a script but I find with this I get a "processing" error every now and then which just looses the whole mail and cgate support has been unable to help me solve this and it happens so rare that I am not sure where to look. I am not keen to implement this on a server which is processing 10x the email. The script in question is below, as you can see it creates a directory structure for year/month/date/hour and the emails are saved in those hour directories.

But the same problem still remains, I have all these emails but no ACL/indexed/searchable interface to make this usable.

#!/bin/sh
#Email Store location
emailstore=/backup/emails/

#Find out date for the direcory Structure
datedir=`/bin/date +"%Y/%m/%d/%H"`

#Remove the Queue prefix given to it from CommuniGate to get the email ID # and filename
emailfilename=`echo "$2" | sed -e "s/Queue\///"`

echo "$emailfilename" >>/var/log/saveemails.log 2>&1

#Create the necessary Dir Structure
/bin/mkdir -p $emailstore$datedir >>/var/log/saveemails.log 2>&1

#Copy the E-mail
/bin/cp $2 $emailstore$datedir/$emailfilename >>/var/log/saveemails.log 2>&1

#" If the task exit code is non-zero, the message is rejected with the error code "automated processing failed"
exit 0;

Thanks

Support