From: Jakob Peterhänsel <jakob@hjemme.dk>
Subject: Re: Using CommuniGate with Xsan
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:38:41 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi,

If CGP can use the same shared storage for the nodes you like to set up, then I would assume it should not be a problem.

I haven't tried, but assuming CGP uses normal OS systemcalls for storage access, you are good to go.

The 'performance hit' with a SAN, is = how many Fiber Channel controllers do I have that can deliver data, and whats the configuration of the SAN.

At a customer, I have 3 XRaids (2x2GB FC@80MB/sec) that is able to deliver 520MB/sec to One Xserve with Dual FC connection.

It's also able to deliver 96MB/sec to 4 Mac Pro's (1FC connection each) simultaneously.

This is mostly large file load, but I guess small file load would be just as good.

Any input from Stalker or other people using SAN with CGP?

    Jakob Peterhänsel

  Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
  Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
  Apple Certified Pro: Final Cut Pro 6, Level 1

"Be a part of the Love Generation - carry a smile, not a gun."
- JP, May 2006

Email:     jakob@hjemme.dk
AIM:         Marook
Phone:     +45 30787715