From: Graeme Fowler <G.E.Fowler@lboro.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Retract an email
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:40:12 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 10:22 +0100, Martin.Hepworth wrote:
> Only place i've seen this done is with ms-exchange servers. I've never seen any other mail server do this or respond to outlook recall messages.

And even Exchange only does "message recall" if nobody has read the
message. That was certainly true in older versions of MS Exchange 2003
but it may have changed recently.

The only way you really have to do this is to process the logs, identify
the message ID and then manually (well, programatically) delete them
from all your users' inboxes, but this can be in breach of some local
legislation regarding data protection and unauthorised access.

Graeme