From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: Server-Wide Rule for archive
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:30:21 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

The ~account@domain/mailbox format is specified in the manual under the "Store in" action. It is not intended to work with the "Mirror to" action.

Regards,
Nicolas hatier

Marcel Hochuli wrote:
Thanks Nicolas

I'll try "Store In". But my main problem is, that the form from the manual does not work:

This "~account@domain/mailbox" does not work. It should work concerning the manual.

This "archive#postmaster@domain.dom" works (yes, direct mailbox addressing IS enabled).

Maybe it is a bug? CGP 5.2.3 on Mac OS X Server 10.4.8.

Marcel
_______________________________________

Am 30.06.2008 um 17:55 schrieb Nicolas Hatier:

Use "Store In ~account@domain/mailbox" instead of "Mirror To ~account@domain/mailbox".

The Mirror To "archive#postmaster@domain.dom" should work, but only  =if "direct mailbox" addressing is enabled, and by default I think it's not (Settings / Mail / LOCAL).

Regards,
Nicolas

Marcel Hochuli wrote:

Hi

I just scanned through the archive for messages about archiving incoming e-mails on the CGP-Server itself with a simple rule.

I also read the manual about addressing in the Server-Wide rule.

I assembled this rule:

Conditions
Human Genarated IS []
Each Recipient IS NOT [archive@domain.dom]
Any Route IS [LOCAL*]

Action
Mirror to [~postmaster@domain.dom/archive]

The manual says:
If the mailbox name is specified as ~accountName/mailboxName, or as ~accountName@domainName/mailboxName the message is stored in the mailboxName Mailbox in the accountName Account in the same Domain or in the accountName@domainName Account.
When this action is used in a Server-wide or Cluster-wide Rule, the mailbox name must be specified in this form, as there is no default Account for those Rules.

I also tested the address <~postmaster@domain.dom/archive> in the Router Test Field.

My server is trying to send the mirrored e-mail to an external server with domain name <domain.dom/archive> (which is not existent).

I tried the alternative form [archive#postmaster@domain.dom], wich is working.

WHY IS THE FORM STATED IN THE MANUAL NOT WORKING??