From: Ben Hanes <bhanes@chori.org>
Subject: Re: Apple iCal & CalDAV anyone?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:30:45 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I have had the same problems with iCal seeing the Calendars, but not being able to make any changes/additions.  After spending a great deal of time on this, I have some insights:

  1. Creating a new user and a new Calendar worked.
  2. Removing the default Calendar and recreating it for my user worked
  3. Using more than 1 calendar does not work
  4. Using a calendar alias from another account does not work

Now, as long as I only have 1 Calendar, it is working.  I can setup iCal to see multiple accounts with success.  This is an OK workaround for now.

Another glitch I'm seeing is the Availability in iCal keeps reverting to 2AM - 5PM Mon - Thurs.  If I change this in iCal it just changes back.  If I verify/change this n WebMail/Pronto, it makes no difference to iCal.

At this point, I'm just happy to have some syncing calendars using CalDAV in iCal.

Ben

Ben Hanes
Email Administrator
Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute