From: Hannes Hromadka <Hrom.0611.nospam@aon.at>
Subject: Re: Mail Relay question
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:18:04 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Technical Support, Stalker Labs wrote:

Hello:

I have 2 Mailservers with CGate Community Edition in my home networks.

I would like to have mails routed between these servers directly but have all mail to the rest of the world routed through my providers smart host.

I could not get this working.

It would work automatically if your have the domains properly configured in DNS.

If you're using the same domain names in multiple servers then you'll need tons of Router entries or a dedicated LDAP server, see the details in <http://www.stalker.com/CommuniGatePro/CentralDir.html#Routing>

Thank you for the hint.

I'll try the simple soulition first with router entries for the very view accounts I have on the 2 servers.

In 2nd step I'll take this as a starting to jump int the directory concept and reorganize local accounts integrating everything whith the other mail accounts of the main domain hosted at the mailserver of an external provider.

Hannes