From: Jim Steil <jim@qlf.com>
Subject: Re: Emails missing when offline, available when online
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 08:27:07 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Narine:

Yes, I think it could have an impact on performance.  But, if you think of the alternative, a POP3 connection, it still has to download the same amount of data.  This at least will make it download only once, instead of each time you request the email.  We have it setup that way for all of our road-warriors.  They complain at times about the sync times, but only when they are getting especially large messages.  I also do it for all folders because we have multiple people here, including myself, that have their mail account defined on multiple computers.  This keeps the mail store on all of the computers in sync.

    -Jim

Narine Harripersaud wrote:

Thanks for the reply Jim.

I will double-check that and that’s a good point. I am using MAPI connecter 1.2.12

We did that for most users Inbox to download the entire message, we didn’t do it to all folders. Is it recommended to do that? Will we get a big performance impact?

Thank you,

Narine Harripersaud

Windows Administrator

INTECH

2401 P.G.A Boulevard, Suite 100

Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

Direct:  561-775-1157

Mobile: 561-542-9546
Fax:      561-775-1168

This message, including its attachments, contains information from Enhanced Investment Technologies, LLC or one of its affiliates which may be confidential and/or privileged. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and immediately delete this message. Thank you