From: Daniel Rechsteiner <drechsteiner@goeast.ch>
Subject: Re: Running CGP in a virtual server
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:34:21 +0200
To: CGatePro@mail.stalker.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> Is anyone running CGP in a virtual server using VMware ESX 3i (or
> anything else)?

We are running CGP in a Solaris 10 container (zone). You have to use the start parameter --NoThreadPriority. Everything working very well.

We also have an ESX infrastructure and today I would probably go that way. An ESX VM is more flexible, especially if you have a SAN and can use VMotion. Solaris Containers on the other hand have a very low foot print, as you only have one kernel on the system.

Daniel