From: Graeme Fowler <G.E.Fowler@lboro.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Problems with Blacklist
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:01:31 +0000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:35:22 +0100, "Urs Gruetzner" <ugruetzner@ems.ch> wrote:
Since Yesterday after 14:41 h (GMT) we had the problem that suddenly a
lot servers from known contacts where reported as blacklisted. I have now removed - relays.ordb.org (seems to be outdated) and

Yes, indeed. ORDB closed down in December 2006. They recently switched their DNSBL to start answering positively for the entire Internet, because the servers in question are *still* getting hammered with DNS requests 15 months after the blacklist operator stopped operating it. If you're using *any* DNSBLs, out of decency you should at the very least subscribe to their mailing lists so you know when things like this take place.
Unfortunately, you are a very good example of why the operators have been forced to take this action.

- sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Please use zen.spamhaus.org instead, which is a composite of sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org and their "new" PBL - the Policy Block List. I strongly recommend, again, that you familiarise yourself with Spamhaus' terms and conditions and read up on what Zen is all about at http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/

Question: which blacklists are recommended to use nowadays?

That depends on how rabid you are!

Graeme
--
Graeme Fowler