From: Lyle Giese <lyle@lcrcomputer.net>
Subject: Re: How to Limit Bandwidth
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:34:15 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
That is a good well thought explanation!

I found in my experience if you limit the number of SMTP sending channels, messages actually go out faster as the channels are not competing with each other for bandwidth.  I have  3Mb of bandwidth and limiting SMTP to 5 channels is faster than letting it open up 25 channels under load.

Lyle

Brian Gibson wrote:
Wow, you have thought this one out!

I always thought that Cgpro should let you build a hierarchy of precedence for the different modules. For example, I would list the "reading messages" modules higher up in the hierarchy (IMAP and Webmail) that sending (SMTP or the LISTS modules). It would be nice to say something to the effect of "wait until the system is idle for x amount of time then start processing the lists......"