From: ish Support <support@ish.com.au>
Subject: Re: Mac Users
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:32:26 +1100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
yeah, if you are sharing contacts it's goign to share the same contact list.

use the ldap server within cgate. :)

On 18/01/2008, at 3:04 AM, Gavin Lawrie wrote:

On 17 Jan 2008, at 14:29, Darren Sundborg wrote:

I need to get the Contacts linking between the CommuniGate server and the MAC users.

I have Blackberry users now using Notify thus the PC users have no problems at all, but the MAC users dont have no link for there contacts.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

We've got Macs talking to CGP via IMAP for mail, and using publish / subscribe for calendars via iCal.  I've hunted high / low for a means to do Address Book sharing via CGP but there isn't really any solution around that works that I've found.

Nearest I've seen is a thing called ABxLDAP from j2anywhere.com which can use LDAP to store shared addresses, and has means to sync between the LDAP server and AB.  Works great in theory - provided you want everyone to have the 'same' AddressBook.  But last time I looked, the code to allow the sharing of Address Book 'Groups' between users (i.e. so you can have one or more shared 'folders' of addresses, plus other address entries / folders that you don't share) simply didn't work - the code couldn't handle conflicts between users (e.g. where one person edits a record another deletes etc.).  Also, j2anywhere.com works on basis of user having OpenLDAP - no reason to assume it won't work with CGP LDAP but none has done this yet.  Finally, not clear if the AB data could be stored in way that overlapped existing CGP contact information, of if this would exist in 'parallel universe' with information in (say) the Webmail contact list.

HTH

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@2gc.co.uk
Registered number: 3754183.Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/