From: Robinson Maureira Castillo <rmaureira@solint.cl>
Subject: Re: CGP and GFS
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:59:23 -0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi,
In our experience, CGS on RHEL + GFS is rock solid. The biggest cluster
we're managing is a 4x4 dynamic cluster, with 300000 active users, and
14TB of data.

Typical uptime for the servers is over 200 days, and we reboot the nodes
usually only for maintenance.

Backend servers' IO throughput is ~4000 IOPS at peak times, on average
we process ~10 million messages per day.

I would recommend RHEL5 over Fedora, mainly because stability, code
maturity and support.

Best regards,

Eduardo Torres wrote:
> Hi everyone. I'm just about to set a dynamic cluster with two backends
> for CGP.  I'm planning to run both servers on RHEL 5 or Fedora C8.
>
> I've been reading documentation about Red Hat's Global File System and
> it seems to be quite useful. Have any of you used GFS before for
> CommuniGate? If it is so. What are your experiences or recomendations?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Eduardo
> AG Solutions
> La informacion contenida en este Mensaje es Confidencial y para uso
> exclusivo del destinatario. En caso de recibir este mensaje por error
> debe de ser borrado inmediatamente.

Robinson Maureira Castillo
Jefe de Soporte
SOLINT