From: Larry Orchier <larry@computerlarry.com>
Subject: Re: SpamCop listed me in spite of SpamCatcher
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:59:05 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
What happens when a trusted computer gets infected, and starts sending out spam?

On Oct 17, 2007, at 3:50 PM, Bret Miller wrote:

Causes of listing
System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam
traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

The only thing that I can think of is that SpamCatcher didn't block
something that originated from a trusted machine.

The SpamCatcher rule is

Header field    is not   From: MAILER-DAEMON@*
Any Route      in   LOCAL(*,LIST(*,

I have just removed the condition  Source  not in     trusted,
authenticated

I don't know if I should add   SMTP(*   to Any Route

I recall that I stopped using SpamCop  as a RBL  after they
listed  AOL

CGPSA running in full-featured mode won't scan outgoing mail unless you list the outgoing domain in the scan_domains setting. Since you can't be sure what SpamCop uses as a domain, that doesn't do you much good. I run mine in headers-only mode here so it scan all mail passing through (except trusted,authenticated).

Bret