From: Bret Miller <bret.miller@wcg.org>
Subject: RE: SpamCop listed me in spite of SpamCatcher
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:50:59 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> Causes of listing
> System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam
> traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)
>

> The only thing that I can think of is that SpamCatcher didn't block
> something that originated from a trusted machine.
>
> The SpamCatcher rule is
>
> Header field    is not   From: MAILER-DAEMON@*
> Any Route      in   LOCAL(*,LIST(*,
>

> I have just removed the condition  Source  not in     trusted,
> authenticated
>

> I don't know if I should add   SMTP(*   to Any Route

> I recall that I stopped using SpamCop  as a RBL  after they
> listed  AOL

CGPSA running in full-featured mode won't scan outgoing mail unless you list the outgoing domain in the scan_domains setting. Since you can't be sure what SpamCop uses as a domain, that doesn't do you much good. I run mine in headers-only mode here so it scan all mail passing through (except trusted,authenticated).

Bret