From: Bret Miller <bret.miller@wcg.org>
Subject: RE: CGPro Anti-Spam Plugin Configurations
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:37:52 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
CGPro Anti-Spam Plugin Configurations
First, understand that you will never get rid of all spam. It just won't happen.

We use a combination of free tools here-- ClamAV with SaneSecurity and MSRBL add-ons, plus SpamAssassin. Between these and the zen.spamhaus.org and list.dsbl.org blacklists, we reject and drop around 93% of incoming email. It's possible that we could make this better by using a commercial tool, but even the big providers can't stop all spam, so we just feed the stats back to the users when they complain. When they realize they could be dealing with more than 10 times the amount of email they have now, they are generally accepting of the fact that all spam can't be stopped.

Bret