From: Bas van den Bosch <bas@hemel.yi.org>
Subject: Thunderbird integration (once again)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:29:59 +0200 (CEST)
To: <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

You probably have heard Mozilla is spinning of Thunderbird in a seperate
entity [1] [2]

David Ascher [3], the chairman of the new foundation, notes, among other
things, the following goal for now: "Create a better user experience for a
range of Internet communications — how does / should email work with IM,
RSS, VoIP, SMS, site-specific email, etc?"

The further development of lightning will also be important in the
development of thunderbird [4].

Especially the goal of integrating different communication-types is
important [5] and imho a good business-opportunity for stalker. Plugins
for thunderbird utilizing the complete agenda-functions, takslist (where
have my tasks gone in the ics??) and things like sms, voicemail etc?

I know the focus is on Pronto right now but don't forget the rest....

gr

Bas

[1] http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/09/mozilla-thunder.html
[2] http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/archives/2007/09/