From: Duncan Hardy <duncan.hardy@hard-wired.co.uk>
Subject: New mail not flagged in IMAP folders
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 06:21:00 -0700
To: <CGatePro>
Changeover to CGP has been largely painless with one exception...
Users have a number of subscribed IMAP folders which are filled by filters on the server.  When we were using the previous mail server (mercury) arrival of new mail in these folders would be highlighted by the the email client (Thunderbird). ie users would see the mail arrive because the folder name would become bold and suffixed by the number of new messages.

This no longer happens.  It seems like Thunderbird is now only aware of new messages arriving in Inbox. It doesn't flag those arriving in other folders until the folder is browsed by the user. ie when polled by the client mercury supplied the status of all subscribed folders whereas CGP seems to only supply the status of the 'currently browsed' one.

Is this correct? Any solution? (I know I could get Thunderbird to do the filtering but I'd prefer not to).

Duncan