From: Graeme Fowler <G.E.Fowler@lboro.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: large number of recipients
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:59:09 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 19:48 +0100, Martin.Hepworth wrote:
> I've got a couple of users trying to send out emails with a large (500+) number of recipients in order to inform distributors etc of new prices, trade show info etc..
>
> However they both get Sending error 0x80040119
>
> Using outlook 2003, Mapi 1.2.12, CGP 5.1.12 64bit on RHES.

As far as I can determine that error is a non-specific Outlook error
which can be caused by all sorts of things. Most recently we've seen it
with two users who were having difficulty with attachments.

They managed to get round it by recreating the email from scratch, which
worked. Turning on MAPI debug showed nothing, as the error seems to
occur before a MAPI call is made.

Even the MS KB seems vague about that error!

If I were you I'd change the sending method by creating a Distribution
Group within Outlook, then sending to that as it constructs the envelope
differently. Alternatively, create a forwarder within your domain to
send to the mass of recipients.

Graeme