From: Martin.Hepworth <martinh@solidstatelogic.com>
Subject: Re: upgrading procedure
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:29:49 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi

http://www.communigate.com/CommuniGatePro/Install.html#Upgrade

says to uniunstall first then reinstall..just like the linux versions.

--
Martin

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:52:04 +0200
 Alessandro de Manzano <demanzano@playstos.com> wrote:
Hello,

we are using CGPro 5.1.9 on a FreeBSD 6.2 system.

I'ld upgrade it to 5.1.12 but since I'm quite new to CGPro I'ld before ask for the recommended upgrade procedure.
After obvious total backups, it's enough to "pkg_add" the new 5.1.12 package ? Or what ?
If I understand correctly, the data directory is untouched, right ?

Many thanks in advance!

regards,

-- Alessandro de Manzano

System & Network Administrator
Playstos - TIMA S.p.A.
Corso Sempione 63
20149 Milano, Italy

tel.: +39-023314153
fax : +39-02315678
email: demanzano@playstos.com

http://www.playstos.com

Confidentiality : This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee only and may be confidential. If they come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please advise the sender by replying to this e-mail immediately and then delete the original from your computer.
Opinion : Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are entirely those of the author and unless specifically stated to the contrary, are not necessarily those of the author's employer.
Security Warning : Internet e-mail is not necessarily a secure communications medium and can be subject to data corruption. We advise that you consider this fact when e-mailing us. Viruses : We have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from known viruses but in keeping with good computing practice, you should ensure that they are virus free.

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic
Registered as a limited company in England and Wales (Company No:5362730)
Registered Office: 25 Spring Hill Road, Begbroke, Oxford OX5 1RU, United Kingdom