From: David Minton <dminton@mindspring.com>
Subject: CiviCRM and Communigate
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:27:49 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
CiviCRM and Communigate I am attempting to use the Civimail module of CiviCRM with Communigate 4.2.3.

Reply To address is set by CiviMail to an email address that encodes information about the
recipient in a so-called VERP string.  This is of the form:

type.domain-id.job-id.queue.id.hash-recipient=recipient-domain@yourCiviMail-mail-domaine.g.

reply.1.1.2.301b1ba3e3584f5652dafb3690929e23efa0f91b-jane.doe=gmail.com@example.org

I have Communigate set to Reroute to a mailbox all Mail to Unknown Names, which would
be required to receive the mail.

The problem is, Communigate will not accept the outgoing mail from CiviCRM,
providing the following error:

code: 573, response: ...  illegal name for an account)]

Any suggestions would be appreciated.