From: Claudia Herold <claudia.herold@rz.uni-freiburg.de>
Subject: Re: Moderated mail list posts
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:20:32 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:52:10 -0600
 James Reynolds <james123@scl.utah.edu> wrote:
> >There ought to be an "approved" folder in the mailing list folder, so that the moderator can just approve messages by dragging them into the folder.  No need for redirection (which doesn't quite work exactly the same from client to client, etc.).
>
> There is no "approved" folder.  :(  I created one and moved messages into it but nothing happens.  Do I have to I have to enable something?  yes, the redirection doesn't seem to cut it, making guest moderation pretty much useless.

Hello James!

You can see the approval folder in the webmail interface. It has to be there if you have that list and looks like that:

listname   (LIST)
listname/approval
listname/reports
listname/requests

If the posting mode is 'moderated', all messages go in that folder. When you view the message you can press 'approve' to send it to the list.

> I'm using CGP 5.1 if that makes a difference.
>
> >There ought to be a lot of features in CGPro list module. Actually, dragging
> >might work if everyone was set to digest mode.
>
> This doesn't work either.  But, I'm not using digest mode.
>
> >Honestly, moderation needs tons of improvement, as does much of the rest of the list module. But "CommuniGate Systems" doesn't seem to have much interest in providing a decent list/community module, so don't get your hopes up.
>
> Hm, any chance of getting Mailman to work with CGP?  I don't know any details, I just know that I've seen setups where Mailman works with Sendmail.

regards,
Claudia