From: Nicolas Ross <rossnick-lists@cybercat.ca>
Subject: CGate accepting messages it shoudn't
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:01:11 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi !

We've got a couple of domain name that we do host the website, but that don't have any mail at all. Previously, our "default" dns zone setup was to point the MX to our server. That caused un-nessary spam to be accepted by our server.

I've modified the zones of those domains to remove the MX entries. There's still an A record for domain.com that point the the webserver, wich has no SMTP open and is blocked by the firewall.

Now when a mail comes in destinated to one of these domain, the ROUTER accepts it since the A record is part of our LAN Ips (I suppose). And next tries to deliver it to our webserver, which of course doesn't work.

Next, cgate generate a delivery report which sits in our queue since the sender isn't a real one.

I've got the "Relay to client ip addresses" set to "simple email". I beleive it's because of that. If I set this to NO, what would be the impact ?

Nicolas