From: James Reynolds <james123@scl.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Moderated mail list posts
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:52:10 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
There ought to be an "approved" folder in the mailing list folder, so that the moderator can just approve messages by dragging them into the folder.  No need for redirection (which doesn't quite work exactly the same from client to client, etc.).

There is no "approved" folder.  :(  I created one and moved messages into it but nothing happens.  Do I have to I have to enable something?  yes, the redirection doesn't seem to cut it, making guest moderation pretty much useless.

I'm using CGP 5.1 if that makes a difference.

There ought to be a lot of features in CGPro list module. Actually, dragging
might work if everyone was set to digest mode.

This doesn't work either.  But, I'm not using digest mode.

Honestly, moderation needs tons of improvement, as does much of the rest of the list module. But "CommuniGate Systems" doesn't seem to have much interest in providing a decent list/community module, so don't get your hopes up.

Hm, any chance of getting Mailman to work with CGP?  I don't know any details, I just know that I've seen setups where Mailman works with Sendmail.

Thanks,

James Reynolds - University of Utah - Student Computing Labs - 801-585-9811
james(a)scl.utah.edu - james(a)magnusviri.com - http://www.magnusviri.com