From: Bret Miller <bret.miller@wcg.org>
Subject: RE: Moderated mail list posts
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:46:42 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> There ought to be an "approved" folder in the mailing list folder, so
> that the moderator can just approve messages by dragging them
> into the
> folder.  No need for redirection (which doesn't quite work
> exactly the same from client to client, etc.).

There ought to be a lot of features in CGPro list module. Actually, dragging
might work if everyone was set to digest mode. Honestly, moderation needs
tons of improvement, as does much of the rest of the list module. But
"CommuniGate Systems" doesn't seem to have much interest in providing a
decent list/community module, so don't get your hopes up. But hey, the
(enforced) ability to send just one message to everyone on the list is
highly efficient.

Don't get me wrong, CGPro is an excellent mail server with decent Outlook
groupware integration, and a promise of better support for mobile devices in
the next release.

> James Reynolds wrote:
> > I'm attempting to eliminate spam sent to my email groups by
> converting
> > them to moderated mail lists and I'm finding it rather odd
> how moderated
> > messages are allowed.  The documentation says:
> >
> > To post these messages, the Mailing List owner should
> redirect them back
> > to the Mailing List using an authenticated submit method: a MAPI or
> > XIMSS client, the CommuniGate Pro WebUser Interface, the
> XTND XMIT POP3
> > method, a local "mail" command, the PIPE module, etc.
> >
> > Maybe it is just me, but this really doesn't say anything
> to me.  I am
> > aware of the "redirect" message ability in my email client (OS X's
> > Mail.app).  But that doesn't actually post the message
> unless I add the
> > email to the mail list.
> >
> > How do people post held messages?
> >
> > I've also noticed that if I'm not subscribed to the list,
> there is no
> > feedback that the message wasn't delivered.  Is there
> anyway to add this
> > feedback?

Bret