From: James Reynolds <james123@scl.utah.edu>
Subject: Moderated mail list posts
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 06:30:20 -0700
To: <CGatePro>
I'm attempting to eliminate spam sent to my email groups by converting them to moderated mail lists and I'm finding it rather odd how moderated messages are allowed.  The documentation says:

To post these messages, the Mailing List owner should redirect them back to the Mailing List using an authenticated submit method: a MAPI or XIMSS client, the CommuniGate Pro WebUser Interface, the XTND XMIT POP3 method, a local "mail" command, the PIPE module, etc.

Maybe it is just me, but this really doesn't say anything to me.  I am aware of the "redirect" message ability in my email client (OS X's Mail.app).  But that doesn't actually post the message unless I add the email to the mail list.

How do people post held messages?

I've also noticed that if I'm not subscribed to the list, there is no feedback that the message wasn't delivered.  Is there anyway to add this feedback?

--

Thanks,

James Reynolds - University of Utah - Student Computing Labs - 801-585-9811
james(a)scl.utah.edu - james(a)magnusviri.com - http://www.magnusviri.com