From: <quinton.wells@ba.com>
Subject: Re: Difficulty with McAfee updates on OS X (Intel)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 16:29:19 +0100
To: <cgatepro@communigate.com>

David
We had a problem with our McAfee updates recently and discovered that the website URL had changed.
I notice in your email that you refer to 'nai.com'.  A colleague in another department made this comment:
> I've found a knowledgebase article that has the URL host as ftp.mcafee.com instead of ftp.nai.com, so I'm trying that...
> It seems to be up-to-date.
You may have already discovered this.
Regards
Quinton

"David Haworth" <david.haworth@abingdon.org.uk> wrote on 12/09/2007

> Difficulty with McAfee updates on OS X (Intel)

> When McAfee's updateDatFiles script runs, the following output
> presents EVERY time:
>
> mail:~ root# cd /private/var/CommuniGate/CGPMcAfee/
> mail:/private/var/CommuniGate/CGPMcAfee root#
> /private/var/CommuniGate/CGPMcAfee/updateDatFiles
> CGPMcAfee DAT files update program version 2.0
> Local avvDAT version is 5103
> Connecting to 'update.nai.com' [216.143.70.75:80] via HTTP protocol...
>   *** Source: read error: socket read time-out:
> mail:/private/var/CommuniGate/CGPMcAfee root#
>
> We are running the latest release of CGP and McAfee plugin. Andy
> ideas?
>
> David
> --
>
> David Haworth
> ICT Department
> Abingdon School
> 01235 555132

-- This message is private and confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, please email it back to the sender and immediately permanently delete it from your computer system. Please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. British Airways may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails, where permitted by law, for the purposes of security and staff training and in order to prevent or detect unauthorised use of the British Airways email system. Virus checking of emails (including attachments) is the responsibility of the recipient. British Airways Plc is a public limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 1777777. Registered office: Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Middlesex, England, UB7 0GB. Additional terms and conditions are available on our website: www.ba.com