From: Stefan Seiz <TalkLists@index-s.de>
Subject: Re: Apple iPhone won't receive email
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:17:56 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 28.09.2007 17:49 Uhr, Mitchell Kahn <mitch@middlecoast.net> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Some service providers, typically telcos, block port 25 on mail not
> going through their servers as an attempt to block spammers (clearly,
> this doesn't work). Try setting up an alternate port number in
> addition to port 25 and have your iPhone client use that port number.
>
> Mitch

He says he can't receive email through pop, so port 25 doesn't yet matter.

I guess the account is simply not setup correctly. I'd take the advise
others gave previously and setup a Mail.app POP account on a mac and synch
these settings with the iPhppone just to make sure.

--
Stefan Seiz <http://www.stefanseiz.com>
Spamto: <bin@imd.net>