From: John Rudd <jrudd@ucsc.edu>
Subject: Re: ClamAV with Mac OS X Server
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:50:33 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

amavis is a milter (sendmail or postfix plugin).  Since you're running CGP, you probably don't need amavis running.  Do you have a clamd process running?  If so, you'll need to figure out where its socket is located (default is in /tmp, but who knows where Apple decided to store it).  Try to find the clamd.conf file, that should tell you where clamd's socket is.

Marcel Hochuli wrote:
Found nothing on the list about this matter…

Is anyone using ClamAV that ships with Mac OS X Server? It can be updated daily by a few clicks in Server Admin.

I would like to use cgpav to connect to built-in ClamAV of Mac OS X Server. After starting the AV-Software, I find amavis processes. I'm not sure what these are about and how to connect cgpav to amavis or clamav.

Any ideas?

Marcel

+---
mailto:mhochuli@a-f.ch