From: Roland Hordos <rolandhordos@tundraeng.com>
Subject: RE: Passwords
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:04:59 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions (E-mail) <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Another PAM module that works well is the pam_smb (Samba) module, which
took minutes to setup and has run flawlessly for us for 100 user-years
(like kilowatt hours ;).  A Linux box that is a domain member will
transparently authenticate to Active Directory via external auth -> pam
-> winbind, and password changes are noticed immediately.  Like the
other external auth methods, and as Graeme mentioned, SASL doesn't work
because it needs a copy of the password.  However we can still run CG
with the "Secure Only" authentication option, as there's an encrypted
_connection_ mechanism for every protocol.

Roland;