From: Dave Pooser <dave-stalker@pooserville.com>
Subject: Re: How to create a "do not reply" account.
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:05:09 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Note: between composing and sending this message I saw Marcel post a far
more elegant solution. I'm posting this anyway in case someone else has a
similar problem that won't work with Marcel's solution but might with this
hack.

> How would i achieve what i describe above? Any Ideas?

OK, this is a bit convoluted, in the same sense that the Atlantic is a bit
damp, but...

1) Download and install CommuniGate Pro Community Edition running as a
second instance of CGPro on your primary server but listening on different
ports (use the --CGateBase option to point it to a different directory.)

2) Create your domain (for this discusssion, example.com) and the
donotreply@example.com address on the Community instance. Use the router to
direct *@example.com (except for donotreply) to 127.0.0.1.25.smtp (assuming
people in your domain will be receiving this message).

3) Set your automated systems to send via this server; you can use SMTP-Auth
or add them to the Client IPs.

At this point you should be able to send the messages out via the Community
edition, but responses will hit your regular edition which will reject
donotreply as an unknown user. On to the last step:

4) Drink beer. The last step is ALWAYS drink beer.
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com